Saturday, August 5, 2006

Chapter Four
Most Memorable Moment.

This happened in when I was in sixth semester and when I was attending a company's placement programme. Actually the whole day was memorable. Let me give you a briefing about what happened that day.

As usual as every company has, we had to take up a written test. I got through it. The second round was pretty interesting. A GD or Group Discussion. I had never seen how a GD works, and didnt know what exactly to do. Not only me, most of them who attended the placement had to experience for the first time. Well, I was getting nervous, but then 'Di' as we call her, one of my friend, spoke to me and gave me some tips. About how to speak, what to speak, how to start a conversation etc etc etc. She too had got shortlisted for GD though.

Groups were made and guess what - I was put into the same group as hers. Inside the GD hall. Topic given was "Call Centre - Boon or a Bane to the society". There were around 12 members in a group. Puff!!!! started the discussion. I tried collecting some points while they talked. While I was attempting to give my point, somebody else interrupted me and they started talking.. guess what, I only made 2-3 comments in the entire GD. About 'Di', she was an expert in this. I lost hopes in getting through, but guess what I WAS SHORTLISTED again.... 'Di' too got shortlisted as expected.

Now everybody were quite tensed about the interview. Last minute preparations, technical discussions was happening everywhere. Me, strolling araamse he and there. Then met a HR from that company. She was very very very cool. She came near us and relieved some of our tension. She talked to us as though she knew us. Me still waiting for my turn for my interview.
My friends went by, one after the other and I wasnt called at all for the interview. I was the last person to get interviewed that day.

The most important part comes in the next post.

3 comments:

Di said...

yipppppeeeee..atleast someone mentions me....yeah... :-D

Bharath said...

5 posts in a single day???? :-o Are you justifying that you are really hard working or what??? ;-)

Morpheus said...

He He He..... I am justifying that I was real jobless and I was not getting sleep.....