Saturday, January 27, 2007

Chapter Ten
Yana Trip

As promised, I am writing about my experiences in the Yana trip.

Me and one of my colleague - Karthik who is supposed to a very good friend of mine decided to go to this awesome place. Actually it was Karthik's plan and he was going with his friends. He called me because I was desperate for going out anywhere, anytime, anyhow with anyone. So, off we left to Yana.

On Dec 29th the departure was planned to be around 7:30 p.m from Bangalore. I was in office till 5.30p.m stuck at fixing some Bug. Karthik called me at 5.00 and said tht the departure was preponed to 7.00p.m and I had to rush home leaving the buf unfixed. I still hadnt packed my luggage. Actually I had to buy a travel bag. So, in a hurry, bought a bag for 1000Rs. and stuffed whatever I could find or whatever my mom brought from my cupboard and the packing was done in flat 10 mins. I rushed to Majestic where I had to board the bus. I went there only to find no-one. Karthik had come and was with his friends. They were wonderful people. Very friendly and accepted me as their friend as soon as I met them.

I met Akshay, Nema, Rohit, Raghu, Spoorthi, Poonam, Chaithali and Deepak. All were wonderful people to be with, cheerful, having ready-to-mingle, i-am-friendly-you-dont-worry kind of attitude.

Back to the bus story - We all had come there by around 7:30 and we waited for the bus for a long time. I got to know each of them in the mean time. The bus arrived at 9:30. We had to run around a lot in search of the bus. Actually it was a TT. We boarded the TT and left for Yana. We had a great time in the TT discussing about various things, teasing some of the people, listening to music. We stopped in Sagar at around 5 a.m in the morning. It was a wonderful place but the weather was very chilly. Everybody were shivering in the cold. It was like 10-12 Degrees. We somehow managed to do the morning part of work. I almost drank 5 cups of coffee to come out of the cold weather. Then we saw the 30th Dec sunrise in Sagar and left there by 7 o'clock. Had breakfast near the banks of the river Aghanashini.



Then we left for Unchalli Falls which was around 50 kms from there. We reached there at around 9:30 a.m and after walking for around 1 km, we saw one of the amazing waterfall. It was falling from a height of around 200 feet. It was a gorgeous sight to watch. We then decided to go down to the bottom of the falls. Nobody had any clue of the route which would take us there. So, trusting a guy who showed us a route, we all started trekking. The path which we took was becoming more dangerous as we walked. It was a very steep hill which had a narrow path. Thanks to my Woodlands Shoes, I reached safely after trekking for around 90 mins. After reaching to the bottom, watched a fast flowing river and a very faint sight of the waterfall. I still had to walk for another 30 mins to actually reach the base of the waterfall. But I had no energy left in me. So, played around for some time and at 12 o'clock we had to climb back to reach the TT. This was more difficult than I actually thought. I had to collect all my energy to push the 75kg heavy body of mine. Finally I reached to top after a tiresome trek for 2 hours.



We were all dead tired. Thanks to the corporate world which snatched all our stamina in 6 months time. We got to the top, drank some cool drinks to refresh ourself and after 30mins of rest, we left the place to go to Yana.

It was around 3p.m in the afternoon and had faint hopes reaching Yana the same day. Hence, there was a change in the schedule and we all decided to go to Yana the next day. So, we came to Dhareshwar beach around 3 hours journey from there and stayed there as planned. We pitched up our own tents. It was a totally new experience to me as I had never stayed in tent prior to this trip. It was wonderful. We then played games to enjoy the night-before-new year. We played dog bone or whatever they call that game, disc throw, tug-of-war and also danced for a while and then went to sleep. The tent was quite big an could accomodate around 6 guys. But we had 2 tents made for ourselves and we were 4 each in a tent.

This was DAY-ONE

3 comments:

Di said...

wats dog bone?!!!! and nice pics.. :)

Morpheus said...

It is a game... I'll explain it to yu the next time you come to college.... ok!!!!

Karthik said...

maga very good description kano
and the snaps are too good