After being sick and tired of having welcome back posts, I am currently wondering if I should call this a "Welcome back post". I stopped promising myself (which I never keep up) of regularly updating my blog. I will accept the fact that I am going to do only once in a blue moon (which is almost never).
Well, let me list what all I have been doing all these days when I was not blogging.
Here is the first one among them.
1) Playing volleyball - I had regained my interest in this game after a gap of 4 years. The last I played was during the school days. But apart from that, a few matches here and there during college. I became a mediocre volleyball player again. The interest was lost after playing for few days. I stopped playing this game and switched to my next interest.
2) Reading - This was one hobby which I never would have dreamt of having. Although I started off with small novels of Chetan Bhagat, somehow managed to develop interest in reading huge books(almost the size of a fully grown reference book during college days). But then... this hobby too died down like my previous interest. But then I managed to develop interest in my next hobby
3) Playing Guitar - Hearing songs of Pink Floyd and Eagles, I always dreamt of playing an instrument (probably a guitar, but mostly wanted to play drums). Now to fulfil that dream, joined a guitar class. Initially started off with full pace, attended classes for the whole month without taking a break (quite an achievement). But then later missed a class due to too much work at office, the rhythm was lost. And the interest died down. Now after having my SoundBox at home, staring at the 3k investment, makes me feel sick. That made me move to my next interest. An interest which I always liked to do.
4) Badminton - Met couple of friends whose friends used to play in one of the classic court in Bangalore. That is how I started this interest. Till this time, it was always outdoor or occasional indoor games which I used to play with my mom in her club, but this time, it was with proper professionals, I was playing my favorite game. Bought a new racket and a shoe on the first day itself and went out to play with the eagerness which is needed to continue a sport. First day was huffing and puffing while running around the court. The stamina required to play indoors is much higher compared to the stamina required to play outdoors. Somehow managed to gather stamina in next few days of play. Now have improved a lot. This is the only hobby I possess till now. Coming to the next few interests which I developed while I played shuttle badminton are as follows.
5) Gymming - As usual, tried 4-5 times but never succeeded. The only thing which I cannot do in my life is developing a good physique i guess. Because somehow there is a mental block whenever I go to gym that I get bored after few days doing the same stuff which become monotonous after a while. Thus this has always been there in my "Try and try again till you succeed" list.
6) Jogging - One more hobby which I never felt happy when I was doing. And whenever someone doesnt feel happy doing something, you got to have guessed what could be the end result.
7) Cycling - This I developed after coming back from "The Netherlands". I somehow liked to cycle in that country since it was peaceful over there. No traffic jams, a separate lane, very well maintained too, for cycling. And as people say, if you dont own a cycle in The Netherlands, then you are not Dutch. Thus the interest developed. I almost felt that I will be continuing this good habit back home in India, and also bought a cycle for doing the same. But again, never thought how difficult it could be to cycle a few kms in the huge traffic jams in Bangalore. Although I continued it for a long time by cycling for almost 5 kms every weekend to reach the badminton courts, play shuttle for 2 hours and back cycling home to cover back the 5 kms. Hopefully will start cycling again soon after summer ends since it is pain to cycle during summer heat.
8) Photography - In all these sport biased interest, I also fell in love with nature and capturing them for good. Thus started off another hobby into my cap which was photography. Bought a new SLR and after getting royal bashings at home from parents for spending so much, I started off my interest clicking photos, posting them at various websites majorly for personal use, and not for any competition. Currently the camera is given a long break due to summer since I am not finding enough time to take it out during early mornings. Hopefully will regain the lost interest soon.
9) Trekking - This has always been a major interest for me. The only problem of continuing this is the huge pain of convincing parents for allowing me to go for the trek. And any middle-class brahmin guy/ girl would know how hard it is to convince parents of the expenditure being incurred. Thus the trek part is also not very regular.
10) Swimming - Somehow the fear of water crept into me always whenever I went out to any trek. I always had the fear of drowning whenever i was playing in water. This made me join a swimming class. Well the actual reason was that somebody told me that swimming is the best form of exercise and it tones the body and burns a lot of calories. Imagining myself having a sleek body, made me continue for almost 15 days, then again I lost interest in this. But then, I managed to learn a bit atleast to the level of saving myself given the situation that I am thrown into water. Now that has given me confidence which I lacked before while entering into water.
11) Acting - Third of the few interests I have which doesnot involve sports. Acted in few documentaries and movie clips (Read - One each, so totally two), directed by my colleague who is really talented. Actually, my work got such a commendable appreciation which was all due to his highly skilled direction, editing, song sequence etc. etc. etc. Hopefully will get to work more in many such movies.
12) Foosball - A game which I discovered after joining Philips, developed a keen interest towards that game since it is really fast paced. Played like mad during the initial days of the company. Almost was addicted to this game. Now lost interest in this game. I do play sometimes but very rarely.
13) Snooker/Pool - Played it quite a few times, got addicted to this game also after joining Philips, but good that it never continued for a long time or else I would have been bankrupt by now due to the cost of the game.
14) Bowling - This had almost become a weekly schedule when I joined Philips. But somehow the interest died down among friends. Thus saving a major chunk of money which was being thrown away for this game. A costly sport mind you.
16) FootBall - Last of the least football which is the most recent of the habit which I am trying to develop along with a few friends of mine from college. We have started to make this possible every weekend in the morning. This has continued from past 3 weeks and hoping it will for a long time. Bought a new shoe for the same. Hopefully I will make the money spent worth it.
Thus ending the huge list of "Promisingly-started-but-couldnt-continue" list. I hope I can do atleast continue 5 of them in the next few months. Not just by spending money but also being part and actively participating in each of them.