Friday, May 4, 2007

Chapter 16
Trip to ooty

My college friends decided to go on some trip anywhere on earth just to get their minds diverted from the projects. They chose ooty for some reason. So, planning, preparation and execution was done in 3 days, not like my previous trip. I confirmed that I will be coming on that trip just 1 hour before the departure, had to make up a lot of stories to get permission from home. We finally left for ooty. For the benefit of my friends who read my blog, i'll make this short, not like my previous post.

We were 7 of us, Tan, Abhi, Su, Sagy, Rash, Raghu and myself who left to ooty at around 10 pm on a friday night in a cab. We had a cup of tea in some khakha shop near mysore, and had a great drive till ooty. Man, the roads were quite pathetic. We reached the place at around 4am and as we hadnt booked any accomodation, we had to sleep in the cab till some rooms get checked out. At 4 am in the morning, in the freezing cold, you cant expect us to roam around searching for hotel rooms. We tried our best but in vain. So, decided to sleep in the cab itself.


We then got up at around 7:30 and then went to hunt the rooms. Atlast we found one. The condition of the room was very bad and there was only one 2 bed room available without hot water and the cost was also too much. Somehow managed to do our morning duties in that beautiful room, played some cards and then left in search of other room. Atlast we found a pretty good rooms for 7 of us, booked it and left for Pykara lake. We reached the lake at around 12pm, the view was superb although the water was polluted.

Then we left for Pykara falls. The same water was flowing down - I am referring to the polluted water, but who cares as long as you can play in it right!!! We stayed there for some 1 hour and then had our lunch. Guess what our food was - Watermelon. :-) Had to sustain with it as there was nothing else available worth eating. Then we left for Doddabetta which is supposed to be the highest peak in ooty. View was simply outstanding and to add to the beauty, the weather was romantic. We were all cursing ourselves as we had didnt have girl friends. :-( Did some horse riding over there and waited for the sunset.

So, stayed there till the dark and then left back to our rooms. Reached to our new rooms and then watched TV for a while, and then went out for dinner. We separated because some people wanted non-veg food. So, they went in search of a non-veg restaurant and us in search of a veg restaurant. We got a decent hotel with a first class food, we liked the food - a typical Gujrati food, and then ate an icecream. Came back to hotel, watched TV for a while and then slept nicely.

Got up early next morning, left for Coonur tea estate. The sight was simply amazing. We visited a tea factory where we were served tea. I had never tasted better tea ever before in my life. I thought of gulping the whole of vessel then and there itself. We left tea factory and then left for coonur garden, spent some time playing mafia over there and then left for bangalore at around 5pm. We had our dinner at around 11pm in some dhaba outside Mysore, and then reached bangalore at around 2pm. It was pretty tiresome trip.

Then I got down as I had almost reached my house. I packed my bags, just then my friends asked my to wait. They had bought a beautiful gift for me. It was a crystal kind of glass with a swan embosed in it. Got bumps from Tannu though. Bidding adieu to them, reached my house and had a nice sleep tht night. Thus came to the end of Trip 2.

Next Post - Trip to Shimoga

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soo having fun with loads of trips aa...nice!
On the point tat u ppl didnt hav GFs with u...i pity u ppl ;-)

Morpheus said...

Sorry.... I meant to say we dint have girlfriends....... at all....... you mistook it i guess........ :-D

Anonymous said...

hey tats wat even i meant.. :D
read it carefully.. ;-)

Strider said...

ha ha .. that was like the trip in fast forward! :D

Karthik said...

magane bari trip oditha iro hagide, full enjoyment ansathe life alli, hope they give u lots of work in p@#@#@s HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHe

fling said...

hey im sure that was fun. i've never been to ooty but heard its a lovely place.

get us the next post fast :)

Anonymous said...

Good words.